Community Group Endowment Funds
Endowment funds provide certainty of income
Most not-for-profit organisations rely on a range of fundraising approaches in order to make ends meet – grant applications, donations, member contributions, sale of services and so on. But none of these are guaranteed and reliable. An endowment fund provides certainty of income – and, better still, it can be spent where the need is greatest, and at the discretion of trustees and management.
Build a long-term reliable funding stream
Top of the South Community Foundation is not just a grant-maker. We help charitable groups build a long-term reliable funding stream, by setting up an endowment fund.
The following groups have established relationships with the Foundation to support their long-term funding needs:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Fund
- Age Connect Fund
- Brook Waimarama Sanctuary Trust Fund
- Ernest Rutherford Retirement Village Special Needs Fund
- Fa'avae Pacifika Fund
We welcome your donation to these Funds to help grow the future financial security of these organisations. Contact us to find out how.
We also hold endowment funds for:
- Environment Fund – (Funding for environment and sustainability sector groups)
- Nelson Anaesthesia Education & Research Fund
- Marlborough Region Fund - being developed in discussion with local supporters.
- Golden Bay Fund - being developed in discussion with local supporters.
As the capital accumulates in the Fund, so will the annual distributions back to the community groups. These distributions may be used entirely at the discretion of the community group, which means that in the future they will have to spend less time chasing funding, and more time focusing on the valuable contributions they make to our community.
Interested in making a gift to the community?
To make a gift to a Community Group Endowment Fund