2015 Grants Released
the foundation has completed the 2015 round of the General Endowment Fund distribution. This is the fourth year of distributing grants from income generated on endowment donations. 24 applications were received and the following community groups were selected:
- Nelson Women & Children’s Refuge – $600 contribution to ‘professional supervision’ costs.
- Family Education Network – $365 toward presenting the YrChoice programme.
- Post Natal Depression Support Network Nelson – $400 contribution to costs for Coordinator visits to Golden Bay.
- Parent to Parent Nelson – $550 support for the Family Activities programme.
- Nelson Community Toy Library – $500 to purchase new toys & packaging for protection.
- Youth & Community Trust – $580 contribution to support services.
Julie explained “We are focussed on helping to make our communities a better place. We connect donors with the valuable work undertaken by charities and volunteers throughout the region. While we don’t have the funds to satisfy everyone who applies, the foundation invites all applicants to be profiled in the ‘Beacon of Opportunities’ – our guide to community needs”. The 2016 guide, highlighting a range of community projects, will be published in February.